Dr Jonathan Leith
Dr Leith was born in Northern Ireland and moved to South Africa at the age of 3. He grew up in Pretoria and attended Waterkloof House Preparatory School followed by Saint Alban’s College.
His medical (MBChB) degree was attained at the University of Pretoria. He specialized in general surgery at the University of Stellenbosch and obtained his MMed (Chir) degree and FCS (SA) in 2005.
In 2018 he completed the Certificate in Surgical Leadership at Harvard Medical School.
He is married to Helouise and has three children, Christopher, Nicholas and Annabelle.
Du Toit DF, Leith J, Strauss DC, Blaszczyk M, Odendaal JdeV, Warren BL. Endovascular management of traumatic cervico-thoracic arteriovenous fistula. Brit J Surg 2003 Dec;90(12):1516-21.
All as Sub Investigator:
- Skin and skin structure infection - 13 patients completed
- F7 Trauma 2159 Activated recombinant factor VII – Bleeding in severe trauma) - 8 patients completed (2002/2003)
- Pfizer Skin & skin structure infection - 33 patients completed
- Wyeth Skin & Skin Structure infection - 13 patient
PhD research: "Simulator training improves basic laparoscopic skills" University of Stellenbosch
Consultant - Pharmaceutical and medical devices industry
Minimal access surgery, Surgical oncology, Surgical Gastroenterology, Training of young surgeons
Health Professions Council of South Africa - Specialist Register - General Surgeon
Irish Medical Council - Specialist Register - General Surgeon
- HPCSA - Health Professions Council of South Africa
- IMC - Irish Medical Council
- ASSA - Association of Surgeons of South Africa
- SASES - South African Society of Endoscopic Surgeons